Our Toddler Room – 2 -3 Years
A well-resourced room for Toddlers, with a staff ratio of 1 practitioner to 4 children.
Activities in the Toddler room are tailored around each child’s individual interests. The room is split into specific areas of continuous provision. Continuous provision is an area of resources that are continuously available throughout the course of the day. These areas reflect the prime and specific learning areas of the EYFS and are enhanced in a variety of ways.
Our areas will comprise of:
- Reading areas – Quiet comfortable area with cushions and bean bags, a variety of fiction and non-fiction books, story sacks and nursery rhymes that can be acted out with supporting story props and actions
- Messy Play – water, sand and malleable play materials
- Arts and Crafts – sticking, gluing, mark making, and painting
- Domestic Role Play area with a cooker, washing machine, pots, pans, tea sets and other everyday household items
- Construction – A variety of building blocks which interlock in different ways and role play for construction such as tools and hard hats
- Small World area – buildings, people, vehicles and a variety of animals
- Open Ended resources for children to further enhance and develop their skills.
Plus, many more fun and educational activities.
They will also have access to the outdoor play area, where further activities are planned for them.
As with all age groups of children at Mulberry Roots, we observe and plan for children individually, ensuring that each child has the opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of skills through play and discovery, based on their interests and level of development.
We encourage children to make their own choices
The children are encouraged to make their own choices throughout the day and also take part in adult led activities. The nursery practitioners set up the room in a way that aims for the children’s development to take place through their natural curiosity. The rooms are open plan so the children have access to toys and activities of their choice. The room has easy access to bathroom facilities to support your child’s toileting needs.
As your child approaches three years old your child’s key person will provide opportunity for short visits into the preschool room to create a smooth transition after their third birthday. Throughout the transition all staff will continue to liaise with parents/carers.
122 Bury Road